London covers 625 square miles with a population of 8.6 million, but the area which we call the City of London, is just 1 square mile. This was a walled city founded by the Romans soon after they arrived in 43AD which they named Londinium. We will view all or some of the following places:
- St Paul’s Cathedral. An inside visit can be included in this walk around the City. The new headquarters of the Stock Exchange are right alongside.
- The Bank of England houses a fabulous museum which tells the story of England's banking history and is well worth a visit.
- The Royal Exchange which once housed the stock exchange and today is a perfect stop for coffee.
- The Mansion House is the the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London.
- As we walk through the City, you will see London's newest architecture such as the Gherkin, the Cheesegrater and the Walkie-Talkie.
- We'll walk through Guildhall Yard, the administrative centre of the City of London and see Guildhall.
- Guildhall Art Gallery houses part of the Roman amphitheatre and is well worth a visit.
- Visit the London Mithraeum, on the site of Bloomberg's European headquarters and see one of the UK's most important archaeological discoveries.
- A children's version of the City of Tour is available which is our Mary Poppins Tour.